Wuppertal. Anyone who believes that the process of inventing a wrench is completed will now be amazed. Wera is presenting a wrench range that builds on the success of the Joker wrench that was launched in 2012. As a reminder: In 2012 the Joker came on the market and it mixed up the wrench market with four extraordinary advantages:
- Convenient holding function by a metal plate in the mouth.
- No slippage due to the limit stop.
- Double hexagon geometry, which avoids slippage during screwdriving.
- A back-pivoting angle of only 30°.
The Joker Switch offers these advantages of the Joker, and its ring side, which is angled by 15°, also comes with a switching lever for a direction change. The Joker double wrench comes with a mouth on each wrench side and is well suited to locking a nut. New in the deck are the two Jokers 6003 and 6004.
Joker 6003: If things get tight
As installation space becomes increasingly tight during screwdriving, tools are necessary that enable users to work successfully even in such situations. Narrow spaces require additional positioning points of the tool. So the question is: Can spanners be modified so that the positioning possibilities of the tool increase?
The Joker 6003 answers this question with "Yes, that's possible". The combination of the 7.5° pivoted mouth and the double hexagon geometry doubles the placement points. A repeated 180° turn of the spanner around the longitudinal axis during screwdriving provides four placement possibilities, and bolts or screw heads can be “taken“ every 15°.
The Joker 6003 will automatically find the respective placement point after every turn. Thus, the Joker 6003 with its smart mouth geometry significantly expands the range of uses in confined spaces. The slim yet robust ring side is angled by 15° to the tool axis. The high-quality surface treatment achieves a high and long-lasting corrosion protection.
- Especially suitable for tight spaces.
- The special mouth geometry expands the positioning possibilities of the tool.
- The low return angle in the mouth "takes" the screw every 15°.
- Slim ring side angled by 15°.
- With tool finder Take it easy: colour coding by size.
Joker 6004: Self-setting. Gripping. Ratcheting.
With its continuous and parallel jaws the Joker 6004 replaces several single spanner dimensions. The required size is automatically and continuously set when attaching the tool to the hexagon bolt or screw. The integrated lever mechanism securely clamps the hexagon screw or bolt between the jaws, which significantly reduces the risk of slippage or damage. The ratchet function ensures fast and consistent screwdriving without removing the tool. Using the corners in the upper part of the jaw (the so called-width rectangular prisms), a back-pivoting angle of only 30° can be realized. The single-arm design, in conjunction with the ratchet function and the corner-width prism, make it possible to work even in confined spaces. The adjustable Joker 6004 is THE universal screwdriving tool:
- The adjustable Joker 6004 covers all metric and imperial dimensions in the respective field of application.
- Automatic and continuous gripping of the hexagon screw or bolt.
- Lever mechanism when gripping avoids slippage and damage.
- Fast and consistent screwdriving without removing the spanner thanks to mechanical ratchet function.
- Back-pivoting angle of only 30° through placement in the corner-width rectangular prisms in the mouth.